SparkFun Digital Sandbox
Learning Platform for Hardware and Software
Think of this as the SparkFun Inventor’s Kit all in one board! The Digital Sandbox (DS) is a learning platform that engages both the software and hardware worlds. It’s powered by a microcontroller that can interact with real-world inputs – like light or temperature sensors – while simultaneously controlling LEDs, motors, and other outputs.
Note: There are three additional circuit experiments included in the DS Guide that will require the Digital Sandbox Add-On pack.
- Circuit 1: Exploring Blink
- Circuit 2: Multi-Blink
- Circuit 3: Dimming (the Hard Way)
- Circuit 4: Dimming (the Easy Way)
- Circuit 5: Color Mixing
- Circuit 6: Number Storage with Variables
- Circuit 7: If This, Then That
- Circuit 8: The Reaction Tester
- Circuit 9: Serial Calculator
- Circuit 10: Do the Analog Slide
- Circuit 11: Automatic Night Light
- Circuit 12: Thermal Alert!
- Circuit 13: Sound Detecting
- 1x Digital Sandbox Board
- 1x Clear Acrylic Baseplate
- 1x USB Mini-B Cable - 6ft
- 1x Instruction Manual
- 4x Phillips Machine Screw - 4-40, 3/8"
- 4x Standoff - 4-40, 3/8"
- LED Bar Graph
- Slide Switch
- Temperature Sensor
- Light Sensor
- RGB LED
- Slide Potentiometer
- Push Button
- 3-pin Add-On Header